Acquisitions and Disposals for Private Companies
We have extensive experience in advising on acquisitions and disposals of both private companies and businesses across a wide range of sectors. We are able to draft and advise on relevant agreements and ancillary documents whether for a share sale or business acquisition.
In private acquisitions, the buyer is typically a limited liability company, public or private. If a limited liability company buyer does not have sufficient assets or is a newly created company, the seller will typically ask for a corporate guarantee from the buyer’s owners.
The seller is usually a private limited company or a public limited company.
We support and advise on acquisitions and disposals involving private and public companies, across a wide range of sectors.
Free Initial Telephone Discussion
Contact us today and we can talk you through our acquisitions and disposals services and how we can help you. Simply call us on 0345 901 0445 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the team will give you a call back as soon as possible.
Buying and selling businesses is a complex area. We combine legal knowledge with strategic commercial insight to provide a service you can trust.
Our expertise includes:
- Comprehensive advice on the process of buying or selling a business.
- Advising on asset sales and purchases (share sale and purchases)
- Using close relationships of other professional advisors for their input, such as tax specialists and accountants.
- Helping you structure the transaction to minimise tax liability and ensure a smooth and cost-effective transition for the business.
- Conducting due diligence and handling disclosure on your behalf.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing all transactional documents, such as heads of agreement and sale and purchase agreements
- Dealing with Companies House, Land Registry, and HMRC documentation.
- Advising on post-completion and associated matters, including director service agreements.
- Advising on pre/post-closing covenants.
Your matter will be managed from start to finish by expert corporate solicitors who will advise on the best strategy. Your solicitor will get to know your business objectives and ensure the transaction progresses as smoothly as possible.
How We Can Help
We understand that corporate transactions can be stressful. Using our experience and wealth of knowledge, we are able to offer expert advice on all acquisitions and disposals of private businesses and assets.
We are committed to providing you with a first-class service and helping guide you through the process.
How to Contact our Business Solicitors
To speak to our Corporate solicitors today, simply call us on 0345 901 0445, or allow a member of the team to get back to you by filling in our online contact form. We are well known across the country and can assist wherever you are based. We also have offices based in Cheshire and London.